On Tuesday 14th
July, Health NSW enacted a Netball Association Exemption confirming the conditions for creating two discrete venues. Netball NSW issued further clarifications about this on Wednesday 15th
The attached Return to Play Procedure has been updated to reflect the new conditions and clarifications.
THE MAJOR CHANGE IS IN REGARD TO PHYSICAL DISTANCING AS THIS WILL AFFECT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE ALLOWED TO ATTEND THE GAMES. IT IS FULLY EXPLAINED IN ATTACHMENT 4 (PAGES 17 AND 18).
The updates since the previous version are:
- ERNA COVID-19 Rules have been expanded to exclude participants based on the Victoria and NSW COVID Hot Spots (highlighted text on page 8)
- “Attachment 4 – Physical Distancing Rules” has been added
- A link to the Health NSW Netball Association Exemption has been added on the back page
Please read and understand these additions as your attendance at the netball venues is deemed as your acceptance of the rules they contain.
Some key points to note for participants (where participants are defined as being anyone at the venue):
o Participants must NOT attend, if: · unwell or have any flu-like symptoms, or · you have been in contact with a known case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or · you have been overseas in the last 14 days, or · you have had any sudden loss of smell or loss of taste, or · you are at a high risk from a health perspective, including the elderly and those with pre-existing medical heath conditions, or
- they have been in attendance of the latest COVID-19 case locations in NSW, further information can be found here: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates
Attachment 4 (pages 17 and 18) provides the new rules that have been created to comply with the conditions of the exemption
- The number of non-playing participants per team is now capped and participant areas created for each court – please read all the rules to understand what’s required
As before, it’s all about making the season possible for the players. It will be different to normal but unless everyone plays their part and does the right thing, so that the players can play.
To help things to run smoothly make sure that you know the relevant:
- Court Number
- Venue (A or B)
- Venue Timings
- Entry Point
- Exit Point
- Participant Zone